Mindfulness. It’s about being present; not in the future, not in the past, but being fully aware in the moment. Sounds nice, but how do you do it? Here’s a few tips to focus on – right now:
- Notice your breathing. Fast? Slow? Notice the rise and fall of a breath.
- Notice sights, sounds, tastes, smells, colors, temperature, textures.
- Notice how walking feels. What do the bottoms of your feet feel like? What surrounds you? Notice what you’ve been missing.
- Try not to overschedule, and just notice what it’s like to be, not do.
- They come and go. Often, and intensely, for some, but they are just thoughts. Notice them as they flow. Notice how your mind likes to judge. Notice that it’s just a thought.
- Listen more closely. Maybe, talk less. Notice what is or is not being said.
- Pay attention. Put your attention on what you are doing. Notice the actions, your attention, or lack thereof. Mindfulness is about being fully engaged in the now.
Tip adapted from HeretoHelp[i]
Comments are closed.