Becoming conservation minded doesn’t necessarily mean buying an electric car or riding a bicycle everywhere. But a few simple steps can save you thousands of dollars and help preserve the environment.
Here are some environmentally friendly tips you can take to the open road:
- Buy or rent a home or apartment within walking or biking distance to your work, stores, and restaurants.
- Use public transportation when available.
- Join a carpool. You can even coordinate carpooling with nearby businesses.
- See if car sharing is an option that would work for you.
- If you do buy a car, go with a very fuel-efficient and low-emission one.
- Fill up your car during evenings to reduce pollution levels.
- Combine and map errands for the shortest route.
- Keep your tires properly inflated.
- Maintain timely vehicle maintenance.
- If you own 2 cars, use the one with the best gas mileage more frequently.
A few minor lifestyle adjustments can make all the difference in the world. Literally.
Tip adapted from Global Stewards[i]
Comments are closed.