Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
1 medium head of cauliflower
2 to 3 tsp. olive oil (you can use avocado oil as a replacement)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup scallions, chopped
½ lime, zest and juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup toasted almonds (you can use pine nuts or walnuts)
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley (you can use cilantro or basil)
- Wash and dry cauliflower. Cut the head into manageable pieces.
- Pulse or grate fresh cauliflower head until it is minced into rice-sized grains.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Quickly cook the garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add the riced cauliflower, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the scallions, lime juice and zest, almonds, and parsley.
- Garnish the top with almonds and parsley, and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Love and Lemons[i]
Comments are closed.